![]() |
| Really, this is me. Well, until what happened, happened. Read on, you'll understand. |
My husband, Dan, is a runner. He got into it earlier this year and has been going strong. It's a real pleasure for him. Stress reliever, motivation builder, goal achievement type of deal all rolled into one pavement pounding good time.
This past August, he ran a race called Epic Relay. It's one of those like Ragnar, where you're on a team and each member takes a turn running til you reach the finish line. Although if you know the meaning of 'Relay' - which you most likely do - you probably knew that already.
In any case, he ran it and had a GREAT time.
He's done more races and more running since, and is always looking for more to participate in.
One of those future events he is planning on is another Epic Relay next August. After running this past one, he is looking forward to it.
Indeed, he's so excited that he asked me to run with him.
Oh, did you hear that?
That was the sound of my heart dropping into my toes.
Oh, did you hear that?
That was the sound of my heart dropping into my toes.
Because I. don't. run. I don't.
It's all jibbly and jobbly, wibbly and wobbly, and out of breath, and "Oh no, I don't need help. I love gasping for air and turning blue while I hack up a lung. Because I love running!"
But guess what.
My darn mouth didn't listen to my brain as it reminded me that my legs will fall off... and said
YES.
Did you hear that again? That was my jaw falling to the floor, in utter disbelief of what I just said. Followed by a quick head in my hands because I don't want to take it back; there is a small part of me that wants to try it, to see if I can do it.
That small part of me does not include my legs. They are extremely displeased with me for the future agony I will cause them.
Come to think of it, my lungs don't like that thought any better.
Oh dear.
Come to think of it, my lungs don't like that thought any better.
Oh dear.
But--yep! You heard it here first! I, Jenn Schwendiman, will be 'training' {read: trying not to die} for a giant relay race.
*sigh*
OH, HEY!!!! I bet I get new running shoes outta this deal.
...Wish me luck!
...Wish me luck!

No comments:
Post a Comment