There is a planet somewhere out in the great wide galaxy that plays home to TIME.
Time is an alien of the most clear definition to a mother (or perhaps any parent, but as I'm a Mom, that's the viewpoint with which I write this.) because a mother rarely sees enough of this elusive creature.
(It must be noted at this point that there are examples of the TIME species visiting and staying on Earth; namely the largest of the breed, hours; the mid-sized of their kind known as minutes; and the smallest, yet most readily available to mothers, of their kind, the second. The others of the lot tend to stay on their home planet and very rarely, if ever, pay a visit to the mothers of Earth. They are Weeks, Months, and (though none have ever been known to visit mothers of Earth), Years.) I'm convinced the only person (if he can be called that) who has seen TIME and effectively knows how to call every known species of it is DR. WHO. And even then, he has a TARDIS to help him along. {Unfamiliar with Dr. Who? Check Here or Here or just do yourself a wonderfully entertaining favor and watch it on Netflix. =) }
You see, a mother can go her whole lifetime without knowing an extra ounce of time. There are schedules to keep, appointments to make, places to go, things to do, kids to corral, husbands to remind, and oh Heavens the laundry that builds up between all that. So you see, when a mother is in need, she may find a 'second' of time here and there which is why the 'second' is the most easily recognizable of the Time family. Occasionally a mother will find herself with an extra minute, or perhaps hour, to spare. On such occasions, TIME has stepped in and generously given more of themselves to her.
And, dear readers, TIME has just given me an incredible amount of seconds.
That's because... TA-DAAAA... I am leaving the Journals.
After next Monday, a mere 4 days away, I will no longer be employed by The Valley Journals. It's almost like I have my own TARDIS because I can see TIME in my life where, for the past year and a half, there really hasn't been any left over. If I wasn't at meetings for work, I was writing for work, or thinking about work. Leaving my job is opening a whole new level of time available to me.
It wasn't bad, in fact, it was a really good job. So why am I leaving? Well it has to do with time commitments Dan needs to make to pass his CPA exams. (It'll basically be like he has a second job with the amount of studying he'll do.) And even though I know it would be okay and Anni could babysit, I still want my girls to have a parent around in the evenings. Since Dan won't be able to do that, I need to. For my sake; for my sanity as a mother.
I will still be busy, don't get me wrong. I am still the the Stake Young Women Presidency (yep... still.) and believe me, the time commitment for that is pretty big. Plus, a new venture I am so excited about, I would like to try and hope to be (within the next couple of months) working as a ...
WAIT FOR IT...
Disneyland Travel Agent!!!!
I don't know yet for sure what will happen or if it will work out but I am hopeful. I'll keep you posted. But if you know me, it's kind of the perfect thing.
And I'll still be writing. It's what I love to do. I have two stories in the works that I'm completing and would like to self publish (Hello, Amazon market) or see if there's a publisher willing to take them on. We shall see.
I am excited about this next phase in my life and the fun things I can do with it.
And just imagine what I could do if I wasn't in Young Women anymore?!? That thought is exciting too. But will have to wait a while, I think.
For now, I'm happy with my very own TARDIS in the form of not working. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment